PDA

View Full Version : Slooooooow

gollumsfriend
04-08-2013, 10:16 AM
What's going on with page loading times?
It's not my pc, because this is the only site I have issues with. Before anyone suggests, YES I clear my cookies/cache on a regular daily basis.

I know changes have been made very recently (can now read *white* text in drop boxes using Bleak Black and all the 'dead space' is gone in the Notifications drop box) but I have to ask....has the site been in constant update or backup maintenance status for the past 2 days?

I've logged in multiple times in the past 36 hours and no matter what page I go to (someone's profile, a VM attempt, a PM attempt, contest section, One-Stop shop section, etc..) the loading times for ALL pages and post attempts are ridiculous. I've never seen it this bad. There have been no usual 'red box notification' messages of site backup any of the times I'm here. I tried searching and haven't found any explanations and am really surprised no one else has asked yet.

I guess what I'm really wondering is.....if this is now a 'normal' thing for the site, or is something going on that's going to be fixed soon?

Twinstar
04-08-2013, 11:24 AM
I haven't been getting this lag. I had to make a new account and am still slowly transferring stuff to it. I haven't gotta any lag since I started using my new account. I know it seems only some accounts were affected when the server change happened. Mine was one of them that was hit bad with lag and other issues. Were you having any lags issues before the past couple of days?

aarinfantasy
04-08-2013, 12:24 PM
Would like to know when did it exactly started?

gollumsfriend
04-09-2013, 09:45 AM
Like I mentioned in the OP, it very first started for me about 36 hours before I typed that post. Today would make the 3rd day now.

I've not been to too many places since I logged in a few minutes ago, but can already tell there's been no improvement for me. Still dealing with lags with each click of the mouse, no matter if it's a new page I'm trying to go to, or posting a VM....

(EDIT 30 minutes later)

A couple minutes after I posted this, I couldn't get ANY pages to load for me. Usually a page or post that takes 2 seconds to load for the past few years is now taking up to a minute or more and sometimes it will eventually load, sometimes it will not. After a full minute or more I usually give up and close the tab. When I did that just now I wasn't even able to log back in from a new tab. My Firefox tab will say "Connecting"......and then never connect. Like I said, it's always taken about 2-3 seconds before. Three days of this is getting really frustrating.

aarinfantasy
04-10-2013, 01:10 PM
It could be ISP issues too.

Please try the following:
Try loading the main site (http://www.aarinfantasy.com) and forum. (http://www.aarinfantasy.com/forum)
And also as guest and as member.

Then use another computer with another internet.
Can also use phone if possible?

~
Sorry about this, is very hard to determine what or why, because no one did any updates on the server or forum at that time when you first reported or start having the problem.

Wish I know... so that it can fix Twinstar's similar problem also.

gollumsfriend
04-10-2013, 02:28 PM
ISP issues can affect one single site that I visit? I wasn't aware such a thing could happen, but I'm not a pc tech-savvy person. >.<

I'm sorry, but using another computer is impossible for me to do......and I don't own a cell phone so that's out of the question, too.

As a signed in member, I clicked your main site and forum links (the forum page is what I have bookmarked and always use) and the links made no difference at all with the lag.

I signed out and used my bookmark to visit as a guest. Absolutely no lag at all (understand I couldn't go very many places, lol). I clicked around several forum rule links, and social groups. 1-2 second page loading times just like before this all started. It was a lovely feeling that soon disappeared when I logged back in and couldn't get any pages to load at all again.

It's upsetting to hear you've no idea what's going on. The issue is bad enough that a few more days of it will probably have me going from visiting 2-3 times daily like I've done the past few years to once a week. I can't run contests, post in threads or even chat with friends like this. This began for me in the early morning hours of April 6th and now it's the 10th. I still haven't completely given up hope that I log in tonight or tomorrow and the problem has magically disappeared....but I'm getting close. :(

darkfaith
04-10-2013, 05:39 PM
I've been experiencing the same problem for a while. But it's better than the first time that I noticed it. Still pages don't load as fast as they used to. Same with posting.
As a guest pages load faster I think.

Dai-kun
04-10-2013, 08:05 PM
gollumsfriend (http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/members/gollumsfriend/), please change and PM me your password so I can log into your account and check it out. I already see the problem with loading on my end already, but I want to disable all plugins when I am on your account so to do that I need to log into your account manually to see if any of the plugins are causing this.
You can also send me an email at daikunaf@gmail.com if the site loading too slow for you to do that. Just tell me what you want your password to be changed to and I'll change it temporarily.

Thanks!

gollumsfriend
04-11-2013, 07:52 AM
It just took me a half hour to log into my account and check 5 pages of my freebie cave thread. That normally takes me about 3 minutes. Then I tried to click on my profile and the page wouldn't connect at all. Closed tab, cleared cookies/cache and tried again. It usually works for a short time (allowed me to check my profile page and reach this thread...which took another 10 minutes), but very soon I'll run into something else that won't load at all....

@Dai-kun ; I will change my password and attempt to PM you now. :pushup:

meicdon13
04-11-2013, 08:40 AM
I'm experiencing the same problems; whenever I try to visit a thread I subscribed to to read the new posts, it takes FOREVER to load and it also freezes up.

I tried accessing the forums via another computer and everything works fine. I've also tried cleaning my history, cookies, and cache.

gollumsfriend
04-18-2013, 07:05 PM
Just here to report that there's been no change/improvement in the site lags at all. I'm aware Dai-Kun has been too busy to check my account, but after dealing with this since April 6 I've kinda reached my limit.

I think it's a terrible shame that this is what will end up driving me away from the site after so many years. I understand that I'm just one member and quite unimportant, but I still think it's very sad. :(

aarinfantasy
04-18-2013, 08:53 PM
Hi gollumsfriend, sorry to hear about that but please don't think of it as unimportant. This is by far the worst problem anyone can face and I understand the potential it can drive away people. It's not easy for us as well to have people think we are leaving this unattended. It's not like that.

If ultimately there's no change... would you like to seek the alternative change like Twinstar did?
Please let me know.
It's a change of account that's done by me manually. You will have to re-add friends in your list and groups. You will also have to move the cards and points (however, I can give you enough points to cover back the purchase of your current cards should you have a lot of it, so all you have to do is purchase which is faster that way rather then sending, so only you send the Special/Limited and Event cards if any to your new account). You will also have to forward which PM you need in your inbox.

For reps and post counts number, I can do that for you.
Please check your Hotmail (registered to the site with your account), I have sent you an alternate account for you to login to assist on the above. But if you really prefer not to do so, I can understand as well because it involves a lot of hassle and time. But that's by far the best thing that I can do and I am able to spend time on doing so to assist you and each an everyone who has this problem.

To be honest, I thought it might go away one day, but I am frustrated too myself that it just came to an account one day and stayed that way. It's just mind boggling. I am sorry again for no improvement on this as a lot has been tried and tested, but we can't find any solution at the moment still after months knowing it. We are also worried it will affect a lot of people one day too, so as much as anyone is frustrated about having this problem... it is as equally as to me and Dai-kun as well, but as I said, we'd like to get it solved asap if possible too.

An email has been sent to you.

gollumsfriend
04-20-2013, 11:51 AM
Thank you for your reply, Aarin.

To be honest, the thought of trying to set up a new account sounds very daunting to me. I got your email with the alternate account info and I truthfully don't even know how to begin such a thing even though you already explained it. I would just log in with the new info and start creating my page again? I know you said you'd transfer some of the things over but...even me having to re-buy 359 cards is something I just don't have enough free time to do right now. Plus...if I read between the lines it sounds like it's not a guarantee that this option will even work after we both spend the time to do it.

So for now, I'll keep using the same account - mostly because my free time is becoming a bit more limited recently and you mentioned it would be a hassle and time-consuming. *IF* I change my mind at anytime in the future, do you still want me to use the same username/password you e-mailed and then let you know that I did it so you could transfer the other things you mentioned? Or will the username/pw expire at some point?

One more question: You mentioned transferring my points and rep....but what about all the points that would be needed to cover re-buying all my cards?

Dai-kun
04-20-2013, 05:48 PM
I apologize to all those who had this problem, in the past and still presently. This was a priority bug for me and I wanted to fix it asap but I had to study for multiple tests and projects as the final exams are approaching so I could not work on this. However, I took my time today to extensively went over everything along the codes and found out the reason why it's lagging so bad for some of you guys. It's been fixed most likely, as I have tested this with gollumsfriend's account. It loads split-second fast now.. which I hope is also what everyone will be experiencing from now on. If this is still a problem for you, do let me know!

Twinstar
04-20-2013, 05:54 PM
figures....it is fixed after I already started the new account :hot: I may go back to using my old one then since I wasn't even half done with setting up the new one yet....
Thanks for the hard work Dai :hug:

Dai-kun
04-20-2013, 05:57 PM
Accounts can always be merged.. did u do anything major on your new account?

Also, is your old account loading properly now?

Twinstar
04-20-2013, 06:08 PM
ya my old one is working good now. I mainly transferred a bunch of cards, added friends, nothing too major I guess.

Dai-kun
04-20-2013, 06:09 PM
If you made posts and other things that you can't transfer, the accounts can be merged if you want so you have everything together.

Twinstar
04-20-2013, 06:14 PM
I did make some posts (and especially a thread) that I would need to keep. I made a card giveaway to give out some of the cards from my old account so I would need that so I know which cards I need to buy back for myself.

Dai-kun
04-20-2013, 06:19 PM
Ok. Well first I need to check if there's anything we need to do before merging, since it's irreversible. If you think of some problems that might occur from it let me know.

Twinstar
04-20-2013, 06:23 PM
Well I'm not sure of what I have a possibility of losing so not sure what issues I might have. It's not a huge deal if I do lose anything really since I can probably get it back somehow (like cards and such).

Twinstar
04-20-2013, 09:06 PM
btw, is this something that happened when you were working on the forum?
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b151/Twinstar1/Untitled-2-26.png (http://s19.photobucket.com/user/Twinstar1/media/Untitled-2-26.png.html)

Dai-kun
04-20-2013, 09:09 PM
Oh.. I just updated the live addon and I guess they did that as part of their new update. Shall I turn it off?

EDIT
Actually, I'm gonna disable the entire thing for now. I want to check up on all the changes before I enable it again.

darkfaith
04-21-2013, 07:07 AM
Thank you so much Dai-kun for your hard work and for everything! :hug:
Everything seems ok now! Thank you! I can't express how happy and grateful I am! :pushup: :D
Thank you aarinfantasy, mods and everyone who has helped/participated for the great forums!

gollumsfriend
04-21-2013, 12:42 PM
Dai-kun.......you're my hero!!!!!!!! :happy:

Thank you very, very, VERY much for fixing the lag problem!!!!! :hug: :kiss:

bra00724
06-25-2013, 07:08 PM
I have the same problem but only with the main page. Sometimes it takes almost 5 minutes to load. I log out and it works fine. Please checked it out.
Ok it's even worst now. It shows internal server error. I checked on my mobile phone and it's the same. Just white page.
If I leave this page now I won't be able to log in again. Please help.

Twinstar
06-25-2013, 09:09 PM
I have the same problem but only with the main page. Sometimes it takes almost 5 minutes to load. I log out and it works fine. Please checked it out.
Ok it's even worst now. It shows internal server error. I checked on my mobile phone and it's the same. Just white page.
If I leave this page now I won't be able to log in again. Please help.
Is it still happening? If so, how often does this happen (did it start before today?). The forum is working fine for me.

bra00724
06-26-2013, 02:27 AM
Hello. It works fine now but around 8 hours ago I couldn't get to the forum at all. It lasted maybe 3 hours. I could get to the forum as a guest but not a member. I hope it will be fine now.
Thank you for quick replay.