PDA

View Full Version : Having problems saving my edits in the card display thread

ShadowImp
12-01-2012, 02:23 AM
Lately, I've been getting the following error message whenever I try to save my edits to my post (#1015 (http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f295/t74365-card-display-thread-show-p102.html#post3767974)) in the card display thread.

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/aarin504/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 2052 - (The line number changes occasionally but the error is the same each time)

At first, although this error appears, my edits are still saved the next time I have a look at my post so I didn't worry too much about it. However, very recently, I have noticed that my changes aren't saved anymore and I get the same error message when I try to press the go advance button to go preview my edits.

The restore auto-save content works just fine, when I press that, all my edits are there. It's just when I press the post or go advance button that the error message pops up.

ShadowImp
12-20-2012, 04:57 AM
I'm very sorry but can someone look into this please? Or tell me how I can get around the issue or fix the problem? :pushup:
Since I am unable to update/edit my card display/wishlist/thanks post, I'm being gifted cards that I already have from people who look at my out-of-date wishlist. I'm returning the doubles to the senders at the moment and would really like to be able to prevent this from happening in the future. :please:

Twinstar
12-20-2012, 09:28 AM
I tried it out and it's because you have too much in your post. I believe you have exceeded the max number of characters/letters allowed in a post (I dunno what the limit is though myself). I tested it by taking out a bunch of the text and then previewing it and it worked then. But when I put the rest of the text back in, it gave me the error. I would suggest redoing your list ^^; One tip would be to maybe not use so many colors since that adds a lot of text.

ShadowImp
12-21-2012, 05:25 AM
It was something that simple?! ](*,) I should have thought of that myself. :blush:

I've trimmed and reformatted my post and it saves now. So thank you very much, Twinstar. :hug: