PDA

View Full Version : Unable to subscribe to forum

Blaque
08-29-2012, 05:51 AM
Hi Moderators,

I'm trying to add a thread to my list of subscriptions, but the 'Thread tools' doesn't seem to work for me - the sole option I get is 'Show printable version' instead of the 'Subscribe to thread' option. Is there somthing I'm not doing right?

Thanks loads in advance!

Blaque

Twinstar
08-30-2012, 05:21 AM
Is this happening in certain threads/areas or in all?

Blaque
09-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Hi Twinstar-san,

Thank you for your response.

It looks like certain threads to me - I can subscribe to forums as a whole, or other threads, but it's a bit funny that I was trying to subscribe to the Yuuutsu na Asa manga discussion thread, and I only see the 'Printable option' part, while the rest of it isn't there (like the section's hidden behind the thread posts?).

Thanks once more!

Twinstar
09-01-2012, 08:12 PM
I checked out that thread and I can see all the options. Does it look like the options are suppose to be there and are actually blocked? Can you show us a screenshot? Maybe aarin might be able to figure it out...I'll pm her

aarinfantasy
09-01-2012, 09:25 PM
Hi Blaque, I checked your settings and controls, but it says you can view the Thread Tools>Subscribe to Thread.
So I have already subscribed to you that thread - for Control Panel notification (if you want to change any type of notification like email notification etc, pls let me know).

But yeah... I cannot reproduce this error to know what's wrong. I am also checking it from a regular forumer's settings instead of my admin settings, so this is very strange, because I am able to see it.

Maybe you can show me a screenshot like Twinstar mentioned? You can also show other threads that you have problem with instead of Yuuutsu na Asa manga discussion thread... because I have subscribed that one for you already.

Blaque
09-03-2012, 05:05 AM
Hi AF-san and TS-san, thanks so much for your replies! And thanks AF-san for helping me subscribe to that thread!

This is what I see on the Yuutsu thread http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh481/Blaque-Y/d8be3c7b.jpg (I hope the links work, it's the first time I've done this -.-") - it's as though the rest of the options are hidden behind the post, like this http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh481/Blaque-Y/397487f7.jpg.

For an overall layout such as a main forum itself, I get them like this http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh481/Blaque-Y/2b88d453.jpg - I dunno why the options are spread so wide.

Thanks a lot once more for your help!

Twinstar
09-03-2012, 10:06 AM
I fixed your links. When you link to a pic on photobucket, choose the "direct link".

And I'm not sure why it's doing that. Have you tried it on another browser or computer? I know there are issues with some of the forum skins still but I use the same one you do and I don't get that issue.

aarinfantasy
09-03-2012, 01:02 PM
This looks like something I get too for clicking on Notifications.
Like Twinstar, I do think it's a forum skin issue especially for Bleak Black. I do know Breezy Blue's skin has no such issue and that one has the most bug fixed currently. Though I am using Ravenous Red the most now.

Can you try on a different browser? What browser are you using?

Blaque
09-04-2012, 08:50 AM
@ TS-san, thanks for the photobucket tip! I haven't tried another computer yet, since the computers are in a work environment, so that's something I'll have to try when I get an oppurtunity :oops:

@ TS-san and AF-san, I use Internet explorer version 8 I think (somehow Mozilla refused to work on my laptop some years back, and no one knows why). Yeah, it's true that Breezy Blue doesn't have the same issue, as well as MiniBlue where the options all come out but they're broad. However for the rest of the forum skins I get the same problem (i.e. it looks like the other forum tool options are hidden).

Looks like I'll have to change the forum skin then :)

Thanks loads!

aarinfantasy
09-06-2012, 10:16 PM
I see, Internet Explorer is not that good for this forum when it comes to different themes, sorry >.<;;; It's made more compatible with Firefox display.

Dai-kun has a lot to work on due to the many themes, so that's why he's thinking of taking down some themes but definitely will update a dark theme at least.