PDA

View Full Version : Reporting one-time memory error message for the record

kinsugi
07-27-2012, 10:52 AM
Saw this memory error when saving a minor change to a post/message this morning, maybe two hours ago. Never saw it before and hasn't happened again, so I'm just reporting it for the record. It wasn't talking about my Mac's memory allocation... "/home/aarin504/public"...

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 5032311 bytes) in /home/aarin504/public_html/forum/vboptimise/core/class_operator_memcache.php on line 71

celtic7irish
07-27-2012, 09:12 PM
This happened to me earlier, too. It happened when I typed in the site manually: www.aarinfantasy.com/forum. However, when I bypassed the front page and went directly to Contests and Trivias (www.aarinfantasy.com/forum/f32), it didn't give me any error messages at all, so I'm wondering if it was just that one page? I was using Internet Explorer at the time, in case that has anything to do with it, and once I bypassed the front page, I didn't try the front page again later. :D

chixm8
07-27-2012, 09:20 PM
It also happened to me, two days in a row (July 26-27), at similar time slot (around 7-10 pm in my GMT). I cannot access the forums for a few hours and receive a similar message as well. :hot: In case that it will happen again, I will try if I can access the other pages. -_-

gollumsfriend
07-27-2012, 09:23 PM
I got the same message as kinsugi this morning too......probably about an hour before her from the sounds of it. The only difference in my error message was some different numbers (mine also said Line 71). I don't use a Mac....

I would time out (yesterday and today) whenever logging in through my bookmark that's worked for years. Had to manually time in AF into the addy bar to get in. Then I would get to my page and within a minute or so of trying to surf around I'd get the "Server Busy" message. I finally just gave up.

My biggest question is if Aarin's nightly backup maintenance (which always happened around 12:30 a.m. my time) has been changed to happen about 7 or 8 hours later now? (8 a.m. Central Time)

AlexiaLee
07-28-2012, 02:55 AM
I'm having the same problem, yup, exactly as celtic7irish explained except that I'm using FF.

bra00724
07-28-2012, 03:11 AM
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 6871221 bytes) in /home/aarin504/public_html/forum/vboptimise/core/class_operator_memcache.php on line 71

I can't acces main forum page also. I'm using IE9 and google chrome. But I also can't see it on my mobile phone.

adjani
07-28-2012, 03:52 AM
i got the same problem on both FireFox and Chrome...

aarinfantasy
07-28-2012, 09:21 AM
This has been noted...

aarinfantasy
07-28-2012, 02:34 PM
Dai-kun has done something for now, but he may need to test things out and monitor too. Please provide him with more info here if possible... especially on the exact time, duration and day it happens.

gollumsfriend
07-29-2012, 12:10 AM
I sent an email to staff yesterday morning with the error copied/pasted......along with the exact day/time. Never got a response. It was signed from gollumsfriend. The only thing I didn't say was the duration, because I don't know. I gave up after an hour, then I had to leave for work. When I got back online 12 hours later things were fine, but I expected them to be. It's only happening at the time I mentioned in the email, and for AT LEAST an hour - probably more.

aarinfantasy
07-29-2012, 07:07 AM
Thanks gollumsfriend, I was the one who read your email. We got a lot of emails about the forum error yesterday but most of them asking us if the forum was down. So all emails about the error and so on, have been noted... and sorry for the lack of reply to each one yesterday, because I have addressed it here or on open threads/announcement instead.

gollumsfriend
07-29-2012, 08:13 AM
No problem, aarin ~ ^^ I got a reply to the email I sent on Friday morning, just not Saturday morning (yesterday).

This morning (same general time right now as the past two mornings (8 a.m Central Time/Chicago) has been the first of three mornings that I was able to login through my bookmarked main forum page without any problems. That's what happened to me 2 days ago though, and then I started getting "Server Busy/Site Maintenance" messages after a couple minutes of being here.

Yesterday I never got the "server busy" messages because I couldn't even login - instead I got the "Fatal error/Allowed Memory Size" error listed in above posts.

So far, so good today.....but I just got here, too. I'll keep track of exact times/durations (if possible) and post here if it happens again.

Dai-kun
08-01-2012, 10:27 PM
I think this problem is fixed.

gollumsfriend
08-01-2012, 10:31 PM
I haven't had any problems during my morning logins since I posted that update on July 29th. :) Thanks, Dai-kun ~ :pushup: