PDA

View Full Version : Strange Malware warning

ryla
06-26-2012, 05:05 AM
I received a malware warning when I tried to send a VM to Wasabi2001 (I think June 21) - the warning only shows when I try to use the GO ADVANCED button. Yesterday, Wasabi2001 sent me a VM saying the same thing. This only happens between us - when we use the GO ADVANCED button for others or just ourselves, there is no warning at all.

Wasabi's post:
btw, did you caught a virus or something's wrong with your profile page? ......and 2: i tried to "go advanced" to post the VM and Google banned it saying that it is linked to a site that contains malware(tried on other users profile but didn't do the same).... did someone tried to hack your page or something? maybe contact dai-kun and have it checked? I'm worried!

I PMed Aarin twice, and today she said to post the problem here. Thank you in advance.

angerbda
06-26-2012, 05:09 AM
This kind of warning does usually appears when a content (image) is posted on the page coming from a site with potential malware/virus...

EDIT:
I checked some of the images posted in the conversation between the 2 of you, but I am not able to find a warning so far.
I'd suggest next time you have the warning to check in previous post in your conversation which one could trigger it...

That shall be the explanation. As when you do Advance editing, you end up in the conversation thread between your posts...
At least, I don't see other explanation for now...

Wasabi2001
06-28-2012, 06:52 PM
This kind of warning does usually appears when a content (image) is posted on the page coming from a site with potential malware/virus...

EDIT:
I checked some of the images posted in the conversation between the 2 of you, but I am not able to find a warning so far.
I'd suggest next time you have the warning to check in previous post in your conversation which one could trigger it...

That shall be the explanation. As when you do Advance editing, you end up in the conversation thread between your posts...
At least, I don't see other explanation for now...

I tried to take up on your advice and looked at our previous posts, but we had only smilies or links to other threads that are from Aarin. I found this on Google while trying to see what might have trigger it:
http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc497/Ly5961/GoogleSafeBrowsingdiagnosticpageforpodpocalypsecom.png
The warning is still there, even though I removed ryla's previous post prior to the warning and removed any img,links from my post to hers.

cocomi02
07-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Apologize for lurking in, so this is unrelated to Malware on Monday.. right?