PDA

View Full Version : rearrange cards not working anymore

Zetsuai
04-02-2012, 07:18 AM
help please!!!
since yesterday I'm not able to rearrange my cards anymore ... :lonely: ...
it always worked fine, but now I'm stuck ... :nooo: ...

Twinstar
04-02-2012, 08:12 AM
Can you describe this a bit more? It works fine for me still. Is it not letting you move them at all? Or is it not saving the move?

Zetsuai
04-02-2012, 08:41 AM
oh sorry for being so imprecise ... :pushup: ...
drag and drop works fine, but it does not remain in the order I put them
if I refresh the page, they are always back to the order before I changed something ... :nani: ...

Twinstar
04-02-2012, 08:48 AM
I'll show kriska this and see what she can do. I tried it again but it's working fine for me. Have you tried it in another browser (if you have another one)

Zetsuai
04-02-2012, 09:17 AM
I tried first with FireFox (my main browser)
tried now with internet explorer and google chrome
on every browser the same result ... :sigh: ... no rearrange possible anymore ...

kriska22
04-02-2012, 10:26 AM
Hi Zetsuai,

May I ask if you bought or received new card(s) before it stopped working? I am guessing it might be because of the number of cards that you have. I have to reproduce this one locally but as per my initial testing on your account, it really doesn't work. I am sorry about this. :( I will look into this problem.

As of the moment, I am already done with the transaction history. After its implementation, I'll be focusing on this (and the anonymous donation with pm). I have been wanting to improve our card arrangement since I started coding for the ishop because the more cards that you have, the more difficult it is to move them around.

For now, please bear with me. I will try my best to find the solution asap. Either I find that first or I implement a better card arrangement method. If you want to arrange any particular card to appear in your postbit, please let me know. I'll directly edit it in the database. Really sorry for the inconvenience...

Also, can you help me in testing this problem? I'll contact you on how we will go about it.

Twinstar
04-02-2012, 11:00 AM
I'm not sure it's the amount of cards. I have over 800 and it doesn't affect it at all. I tried moving the card and quickly refreshing the page but it still worked fine =/ I also haven't heard of anyone else having this problem unless they just haven't said anything...

Zetsuai
04-02-2012, 11:49 AM
that's right kriska22!!!
I got a couple of cards as thank you, so I might exceeded a limit??? ... :nani: ...

of course, take your time and thank you very much for your help so far ... :pushup: ...
and of course I'll help you testing ... :happy: ... that's my occupation anyway ... :shy: ...

I don't want to bother you with editing my postbit directly in the database, but thank you very much for the offer!!! ... :hot: ...

FujoshiFTW
04-03-2012, 02:27 AM
Erm, I have a problem with my cards too, but unlike Zetsuai, when I click/drag the card I want to rearrange and drop in the spot where I would like it to remain, thing is, it doesn't stay there and follows my curser around. Does anyone else experience this problem?

Halite75
04-03-2012, 04:19 PM
Are you in View Inventory? You should see your cursor change into a cross when you are in the card arranging mode.

FujoshiFTW
04-04-2012, 02:41 AM
^ Yes, I am. Though I think it was a one time glitch since now it's fixed. Thank you nevertheless!

Saraf
04-09-2012, 02:50 PM
Um...may I ask, how to arrange cards? Sorry I'm new at this. Do I just have to drag a card, coz I've done that & it doesn't work. Is there anything like card arranging mode?

kriska22
04-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Um...may I ask, how to arrange cards? Sorry I'm new at this. Do I just have to drag a card, coz I've done that & it doesn't work. Is there anything like card arranging mode?

Hi Saraf,

I just tried your account and the card arrangement works. Can you try it again? Go to iShop > Card Shop Menu > View Inventory :)

kinsugi
04-10-2012, 11:21 PM
I have discovered that this happens if I have multiple windows open showing the iShop, or if I hit the BACK button to a prior layout. It was making me crazy; I'd carefully rearrange (which goes VERY fast now, using a two-button + scroll mouse!), close, and think I was set, but if I backtracked to another window, or used another tab which had the old iShop pattern up, and did anything there I was screwed. I'd accidentally override my new settings by doing something in the old image.

I suggest testing this: Make sure to work in a SINGLE window, then close out of your browser and reopen.

I hope this is relevant and helpful; it worked for me.

Zetsuai
04-11-2012, 02:51 AM
here is what I've done this time:

I logged out and closed every open Aarin window
cleared all Aarin cookies
open a new window and login again
go View Inventory
rearrange cards
closed window
reopen a new window
all cards back to where they were ... :nooo: ...

Saraf
04-11-2012, 01:04 PM
Thank u so much kriska22, it works perfectly :yay: I bought some new cards & arranged them. It was fun :oops:

Halite75
04-11-2012, 02:39 PM
@Zetsuai Try holding down the Shift key and reloading/refreshing the page.

Zetsuai
04-18-2012, 08:37 AM
sorry for the late reply ... :pushup: ...

you mean "hold down the shift key + reload" after I rearrange cards???
that did not help ... just tried it ...

Zetsuai
05-03-2012, 07:03 AM
any new ideas I could try??? ... :huh: ...

Halite75
05-05-2012, 12:48 PM
Maybe try a different browser?

Zetsuai
05-05-2012, 01:13 PM
I tried Firefox 12, Internet Explorer 8 and Google Chrome 18 ... :lonely: ...

Zetsuai
06-05-2012, 03:23 AM
it just came in my mind that it might be a time problem

I got the problem with the cards since 04-01-2012
I got another problem with my VM's since 06-01-2012

maybe I'll get a new problem every 2 months at the 1st of the month ... :XD: ...

btw: the rearranging problem is still there ...

Zetsuai
06-22-2012, 02:28 AM
I wonder if I can still ask you to change my postbit??? ... :huh: ...

If you want to arrange any particular card to appear in your postbit, please let me know. I'll directly edit it in the database.

you wrote about 11 weeks ago that you could edit them for me ... if it is not too much trouble and since I really miss seeing my sweeties I would love to have you edit them directly in the database please ... :wakuwaku: ...

Wing 1 (Left)
Nanjo (L1)
Wing 1 (Right)
Orochimaru (L10)
Pray for Japan
Jiraiya (L6)

kriska22
06-24-2012, 05:35 PM
Zetsuai, I edited your inventory. :) Those six cards you mentioned should appear in your postbit.

Schneider
07-06-2012, 02:30 PM
Suggestion for big inventories as I have one myself. My arrangment used to get stalled many times too, but to fix that I no longer drag my cards since it is tedious and time consuming also. I just hold the cursor on card I want to move keeping the mouse pressed and use home button to bring it top then release the cursor. For placing somewhere in middle I use page up or down to navigate, it makes arranging really fast. Sorry its not relevant to Zetsuai's issue but it might help people with page stalling issue.

Halite75
07-08-2012, 01:01 PM
That is a good suggestion, Sch. I've been scrolling up with my mouse wheel but hitting the home button would be much faster. I should have thought of that. :lol:

Zetsuai
07-09-2012, 02:05 AM
that's really a very good idea Schneider!!! ... :yey: ...
hope I can use that soon too ... :happy: ... I shouldn't have asked kriska to edit my inventory right before my birthday ... :XD: ... after all the awesome birthday presents my inventory is again a total mess ... :hot: ... can't wait to get them into the right order again myself ... :monk: ...

LunaticCrow21
08-03-2012, 12:40 AM
Hello, I thought I should post my problem here as I seem to be having a similar issue to Zetsuai.

This is what is happening:
- I click and drag a card to where I want it
- Release the click on my mouse
- But the card keeps moving when I scroll back up the page like I'm still clicking on it.

I thought it was just a minor problem and it'd fix itself but it's been going on a couple of days now.

I've tried Chrome and Explorer. It works fine on Explorer but I use Chrome more. I was just wondering if this was an easy to fix problem or do I have to keep using Explorer to move cards?

Thanks in advance, really appreciate it :)

------------

EDIT: My problem is fixed now, everything works properly.

crystalroselle
08-05-2012, 05:37 AM
I cannot rearrange my card either. The drag point cursor appears in View Inventory but it doesn't let me move the card at all. This happens when I use Google Chrome. It works fine when I'm using Firefox but I'm more of a Chrome user. It has been this way since last week.

Zetsuai
12-07-2012, 03:41 AM
I wonder if there is any help in sight after 8 months ... :shy: ...
*still hoping for a solution one day* ... :monk: ...

Delques
12-07-2012, 04:45 AM
Same here, I haven't been able to rearrange my cards since last week. They just don't save when I refresh, no matter how long I wait between moving them and refreshing.

And no it doesn't work on either Chrome or Firefox. I'd consider trying IE to see if it works, but I think I may have deleted it ^^; Will update if I manage to find it.

Zetsuai
12-07-2012, 05:06 AM
finally someone who has the same problem ... :banzai: ...
sorry Delques I know it is no reason to be happy about ... :hot: ...
but maybe there will be a solution sooner the more people have the same problem ... :monk: ...
*keeps the fingers crossed*

kriska22
12-07-2012, 07:18 AM
@Delques
I tried your account. It works for FF (old version though 14.0.1). What is your version? The problem probably lies on the code being incompatible with latest versions of all browsers. Still have to test.

@Zetsuai
I know it has been several months already since my last post here but just letting all of you know that I haven't forgotten about this. I was developing ishop but I had issues with my PC (hd got toasted), in RL (I resigned from my previous work) and I temporarily became inactive here to prepare myself for the career shift that I have been dreaming of. Well, I can say I am back now and ready to look into it. I'll have to create a new local setup though... plus have to consult Dai if he plans to upgrade to vb 5 when the stable version is officially out. VB 5 has been written from scratch. vb4 templates and plugins will surely be rendered incompatible unless you upgrade them. Meaning, for ishop it will need a rewrite. LOL headache. XD No use making it for vb4 if we will have vb5 soon. Btw whenever there is a development for ishop, I will post it in my blog. :)

I am sorry for the inconvenience this issue has caused you. >_< If you need to update the first six cards, let me know. This also goes for all users experiencing the same problem.

Thank You for understanding~ :pushup:

Zetsuai
12-07-2012, 07:53 AM
thank you so much for your answer kriska22 ... :happy: ...
I can so understand your RL issues, just made the same experience during the last two months ... hope it ended as fortunate for you as it ended for me ... :banzai: ...

I'd love to see my fav 6 cards again for some time in my postbid
the same as last time please ... :please: ...

Wing 1 (Left)
Nanjo (L1)
Wing 1 (Right)
Orochimaru (L10)
Pray for Japan
Jiraiya (L6)

Delques
12-07-2012, 07:56 AM
I'm using 17.01 atm, which is the newest version updated just a few days ago. I'm quite sure the problem has been around since at least a few days before that. I'll just go download the old version you stated and try again. Thanks ^^

Edit: Nope, no luck. I guess it makes sense since it didn't work with my semi-ancient version of IE either...

cabbit_girl
12-07-2012, 08:12 AM
I just updated to FF 17.0.1 and am still able to arrange my cards...though i do have a much smaller deck then most people now

kriska22
12-08-2012, 08:17 AM
thank you so much for your answer kriska22 ... :happy: ...
I can so understand your RL issues, just made the same experience during the last two months ... hope it ended as fortunate for you as it ended for me ... :banzai: ...

I'd love to see my fav 6 cards again for some time in my postbid
the same as last time please ... :please: ...

Wing 1 (Left)
Nanjo (L1)
Wing 1 (Right)
Orochimaru (L10)
Pray for Japan
Jiraiya (L6)

It ended great for me too. :) Done with your postbit. It should now show your fav 6 cards.

@issue
My initial guess is the number of cards but cannot pinpoint yet the exact number that will trigger the problem. Browser issue is also a concern for some users. Both should be fixed on the next ishop update.

Zetsuai
12-08-2012, 10:56 AM
thank you ... perfect ... :happy: ...

and congratulations!!! ... :lalala: ...

Twinstar
12-10-2012, 06:16 AM
Not sure what is really causing all this but I can say that I use the latest firefox and I have over 900 cards yet I have never had this problem...^^;

kriska22
12-10-2012, 08:29 AM
Not sure what is really causing all this but I can say that I use the latest firefox and I have over 900 cards yet I have never had this problem...^^;

Me too. :lol: It is a hit or miss. I don't know why it is not working for everyone. But whatever the reason is, we will update the card arrangement so that it can accommodate the needs of users with plenty of cards.

To those who cannot rearrange their ishop cards:
Please let me know via pm or vm so I can do the manual editing in the DB. Thanks!

Delques
12-11-2012, 12:19 AM
Problem is still lasting for me, but since I have a giveaway ongoing and it'll mess up my postbit every time I give out a card I'll wait till I close it in a couple of weeks before I ask for a rearrangement. Thanks ^^

kriska22
12-12-2012, 06:26 AM
Problem is still lasting for me, but since I have a giveaway ongoing and it'll mess up my postbit every time I give out a card I'll wait till I close it in a couple of weeks before I ask for a rearrangement. Thanks ^^
Ok! Just let me know by replying here. Or PM/VM me. ^^