PDA

View Full Version : File Manager Malfunction 2 Reopened

Kiraboshi
03-12-2012, 04:45 AM
Hi, I am having a known issue, and I don't think I know of a fix or a workaround to understand the problem.

Problem: When I click to upload an image to my file manager in order to place it into my album, I get the vBulletin Message:
"This picture exceeds your total album file-size quota by 164.8 KB." I, then, cannot open my File Manager as it turns up this error every time.

Reproducibility: When this happened last time, over a day or so I was able to finally open it. Probably after the maintenance, which is a bit of a bother, especially when I'm trying to fix the issue. I have not yet attempted to delete any of my attachments, but rather I would like clarifications on the limits. See below.

Research: http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/projects/issue-187.html
Admin Reply: "The attachment quota for each person is set to 10mb, profile album pics set to 3mb (4mb for contributors). If your attachments is at 5mb, you cannot upload anything into the profile album.

Some data: You are currently using 4.88 MB to store 55 uploaded attachments.

Thanks! :pushup: Let me know if you need more information. Just clarifying the response would help. I didn't see a "fix"

angerbda
03-12-2012, 07:18 AM
What is the size of the image you try to upload?
In which album are you trying to upload?\
What is the size of combined images in the album you are trying to upload?

-- EDIT --
It seems the file manager is stuck to trying to upload still... If you clean your browsing data, do you have the issue still?

Kiraboshi
03-12-2012, 06:41 PM
Well as of this post, the file manager is not erroring. I do not know when it stopped erroring, but I will note that it DID upload the "large" file to file manager and I just now added it to my album. I normally upload one signature and one avatar to their respective albums as I get them.

I did try to clean my browser data before, but that does not stop the error from happening. It is more of a time issue when it completes the upload to file manager?

Once I'm able to click the upload link in my albums and file manager opens, the image that was "too large" would be in the file manager.

So here's the time line
Day 0: I attempted to upload both avatar and signature files to file manager. Ava 11kb and Sig 172kb.
Result: I get an error that a file is too large and I cannot use the upload link for hours
Day 1: I attempt again to upload both avatar and signature, but I see that the avatar uploaded, so I upload the signature.
Result: I get an error that a file is too large (the message above) and I cannot use the file manager link for hours
Day 2: I attempt again to upload the sig, but I see that it uploaded, so I now drag them to be added to my albums.
Result: Successfully added.

I think the error is not with the AF site, but the embedded file manager. It is a bit of a nuisance to wait a day for it to allow me to access it to cancel or do anything to modify the error.

Kiraboshi
03-13-2012, 01:10 AM
Update:
Day 2: I attempted to upload a new set again. This is just from clicking on the Upload Pictures link to open the file manager. I haven't even attempted to upload anything.
Result: It's now giving me the error: This picture exceeds your total album file-size quota by 175.9 KB.

My Attachment size is 5.05 MB now so I'm not sure what the problem is if I have 10 MB. Again, please let me know. If you can explain or if you need more information. Thank you! :pushup:

angerbda
03-13-2012, 01:38 AM
you have 10 MB in total, not by album.

Anyways, to fix this problem, I changed the profile album pic quota for contributors to 10mb to match the attachments (and for regular users 3mb to 4 mb).
This means that your album quota is limited to 4mb as you are not on the contributor category.
The attachment quota is the total of all your attachment, via albums or via posts...

angerbda
12-22-2012, 11:23 AM
OK,

I ended up with this error message...

What I did was:
1- Create a new album
2- Upload in the download manager new pictures
3- Select these pictures to transfer to the Album Photo
4- I closed the album photo without saving (I forgot it)

When checking the album photo, no images are in, however, the first time checking after closing without saving the import of pics, one 'cover pic' was displayed...

Anyway... I tried to reupload the pictures, this is when I end up with the vBulletin message saying The current image exceeds the quota allowed by ...

I can just conclude that
1- the image uploader did not block me while trying to upload a too big image
2- even if this image is not stored in my profile album (and nowhere else I can find), the size of the images I attempted to upload is still recorded against my quota...

Joybug
08-07-2013, 12:20 PM
I have just tried to upload a picture into the anime section and it says that the file size is too large. I'm not sure exactly what I should do to fix this, and I'm a bit leery of re-submitting, as I don't want there to be a glitch that uploads the file more than once because I already tried to submit it. I look at the upload spot and it says I have two uploads, which I only tried to upload once, so I'm not sure what to do.