PDA

View Full Version : Sig image not showing in older posts

xMarysex
11-16-2011, 03:42 PM
Hello
I just got a sig and it's working when I'm posting new stuff but in my older posts that I have made before getting it the sig is not showing I've been talking to the person that made the sig and she said that it should be appearing in all my posts even the older ones, what could be the reason that it's not showing in my older posts?

kaseyu
11-16-2011, 07:30 PM
I have noticed this before too, however you may have nothing to worry about. In instances of my (or anothers') sig not appearing, it had already appeared in an earilier post of mine on that page in that thread. I am thinking that this is just the site saving space. I'm no tech so I know I could be wrong. But if this is what is happening to you then you have nothing to worry about.

angerbda
11-17-2011, 01:37 AM
There is effectively a limitation set for having the pic displayed only once per page per user. So if you have multiple post in a page, the sig will be only on one of these posts.

@xMarysex ; is your problem this one mentioned or does your sig not appear in any of your posts? Can you provide a link to a thread were you have this issue and also a screen capture if possible?

xMarysex
11-17-2011, 11:35 AM
@angerbda - Sure I'll go take a picture of a thread I posted in before I got my sig and I only posted once in that thread.

xMarysex
11-17-2011, 12:00 PM
I have sent a PM with the pictures and here is the thread that was used
http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f32/t155357-treasure-hunt-hunters-get.html

Halite75
11-17-2011, 12:59 PM
Maybe you had don't show signature checked when you posted there.

xMarysex
11-17-2011, 01:23 PM
I couldn't at that time because the post was made before I got the sig but all the posts I'm making now that I have the sig is showing. The person that made the sig said that it should be showing in my older posts as well.

Halite75
11-18-2011, 12:46 AM
If your older posts had "don't show signature" checked, then it won't ever show up in your older posts.

angerbda
11-18-2011, 03:10 AM
@xMarysex ; as Halite75 said, you can see that your post in the first page of the thread is not marked to have sig showing.

To check it, do
(1) edit
(2) Go Advance
(3) See below the text box the check-box for displaying signature, showing smilies and other options...

You will see that the check box is not checked off for signature display.
That shall be the explanation, for at least this post not showing signature...

If you have other places with issues, you can have a quick double check on the editing windows to see if sig is allowed to display or not.
In case you find a page with multiple of your post and none of them are displaying the signature and all are enabled to show signature... there is a problem them.

I checked only first page of the thread you are mentioning...

xMarysex
11-18-2011, 06:54 PM
@angerbda - Thank you so much!!! that worked perfectly I'll go apply that to my posts but most of my posts are in the contest section where we're not allowed to do edits but I'll go apply it to other sections. I really appreciate your help thanks again! :D