PDA

View Full Version : problem with editing posts and VMs

bronakopdin
08-24-2011, 12:10 PM
the breaks disappear
I don't know if it is just me, but since a few days I hav problems everytime I edit posts or VM's.

when I want to type the first time within the editor box, the cursor jumps back to the top of the post.
that's annoying, but not the main issue.
when I want to save the edited post/VM all breaks did disappear!
Reall always!

Then I have to edit it again, I have found out, that I can avoid the disappearance of the breaks, when I "preview" the post.
But when I for example do this as the first thing, in the preview also the breaks disappear...

it is really annoying and I am afraid to update my cards/thanks/wishes post, since it is very long...

is it only me or has someone the same problem?

As I said: it's since less than a week

gollumsfriend
08-24-2011, 01:09 PM
This has been happening to me often the past several days. It's really annoying. :nods:

bronakopdin
08-24-2011, 01:22 PM
Ah, OK, so it's not my not only me :(
anyone else?
Or does someone know how to avoid the problem?

gollumsfriend
08-24-2011, 01:27 PM
I don't think it can be avoided, since it was never an issue before and now it suddenly is.

IMO, that means it's a new bug and will only be avoided if you never update or edit anything. Which isn't possible. So we tolerate it until it's fixed. :sigh:

Lots of bugs with week. :(

deso
08-24-2011, 01:31 PM
same here!!! this happens often to me

Twinstar
08-24-2011, 03:33 PM
Which type of editor are you using? I had this problem before with the new editor so now I only use the Standard Editor and I have no problems with it.
The Enhanced editor gave me nothing but issues so I gave up on it.

gollumsfriend
08-24-2011, 04:58 PM
I've had the problem even after switching editors.

EDIT: I use the latest version of FF also.

AlexiaLee
08-24-2011, 10:13 PM
I had this problem before with the Standard Editor and switched to the enhanced editor and worked fine up until now. I'm having too this issue editing VMs only, not with a normal forum post.

I'm using FireFox 6.0.

Dai-kun
08-26-2011, 01:49 PM
I'll have to follow up on this problem. There is a lot of bug with the new editor, but I cannot do much since it's a core change to the forum software. We will have to wait for them to sort and fix all the bugs.

bronakopdin
08-26-2011, 06:19 PM
well I'm also switching Editor sometimes, but had this problem with the full wysiwyg and the standard editor.

thanx for informing us, Dai!

Milwaen
08-28-2011, 10:19 AM
Same problem here :sigh: I'm happy to hear that I'm not the only one :hug: I hope it can be fixed soon *crosses fingers*
I discovered that if the message layer gets messed up by the editor, you can substitute the breaks with the insertion of a line (there's an icon for it in the editor). I know that it's not very stylish, but at least your VM remains comprehensible :hot:

Anyway, I have another issue with editing VMs: when the above mentioned problem occurs, I try to Go Advanced. The problem is that when I click on the Go Advanced button I receive the following error:
Message: 'document.body.appendChild(...)' is null or not an object
Line: 11
Character: 12382
Code: 0
URI: http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/clientscript/vbulletin-core.js?v=415
This happens when I edit my own VM post on the other person's profile page or on our discussion page. And of course, it won't go to Advanced.... Someone else with the same issue?

EDIT: I use IE8.

Dai-kun
08-28-2011, 09:38 PM
What style are u using?

Milwaen
08-29-2011, 08:08 AM
I'm using Passionate Purple.