PDA

View Full Version : Forum Bug

Genten
08-18-2011, 11:52 PM
Okay, this is probably what I get for not logging on in a looong time. But I'd like to post some stuff in this community and um, when I logged in I found some problems.

First, for some reason the main forum page only displays the sections Important Updates and News, AF Files & forum Support Center, and AF Misc. I can't see any of the other sections when viewing the main page. The only way I can get to them is by looking through my old posts, finding the threads, and clicking on the section that the post was made in. (Yes, I am on the "Show all forums" tab when I'm on the main page.) Is this a really simple problem that can be solved by looking in the User CP? I'm pretty stumped.

Second, and less important than the one above, is that I can't post in the Shoutbox. It just tells me "You don't have permission to post in the Shoutbox." This is probably another problem easily solved but I can't seem to work it out.

So, is there an easy process to fixing this? Please help.

Thanks!

angerbda
08-19-2011, 11:55 PM
Did you try to disable the tab pages to see if you can see all forums?

Go to Settings >> My Settings >> My Account >> General Settings
http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/c332e2baed76cf5d45be3ac1c477a47d3f51dbe9430270a423551f0c4737cc7f2g.jpg (http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=tahxgvwxlxhxqne&thumb=5)

At the end of the Settings page, you will see the Disable Tabbed Forum feature. Switch to Yes and go back to the main forum page. See if you can see all forums then.

Genten
08-24-2011, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the advice, angerbda, but I logged on today and everything seems to work perfectly. I figure it was probably something funky with my browser but I'll try that if it ever happens again.

Dai-kun
08-26-2011, 01:47 PM
When you don't see other forums that regular members see, it means you are not logged in. Same thing with the shoutbox. It could bea cookie problem in your browser which was fixed by itself.