PDA

View Full Version : Very slow connections to AF when not backup: my status bar gives new info

kinsugi
07-27-2011, 11:15 AM
In last couple of days I've noticed a NEW bit of info in my status bar when I'm having trouble connecting to AF, experiencing long lag time before I get through, or timing out.

My status bar tells me that it's connecting to, or waiting for,

api.gravity.com

and then eventually either connects to AF or times out.

This is NOT during backup hours and it is happening again now.

Hope this helps!

Btw there were only about 500 users online this time and others were having slow connections, too.

Dai-kun
07-27-2011, 12:16 PM
We use Gravity Insights to monitor traffic and forum statistics.

But is not incredibly important but I will disable it if you guys are having latency issues.

Tell me how it is after you browse the forum now.

Twinstar
07-27-2011, 09:12 PM
I noticed the lag before too but now it seems fine to me. I noticed that I had the same issue on other sites regarding api.gravity.com too so this didn't surprise me.

AlexiaLee
07-28-2011, 05:09 PM
Hi!
Well, right now I'm having a very slow connection :( It's so slow that I can't navigate the site at all since everything takes ages to load.
First time experiencing this issue, until yesterday all was normal. I think other members are having the same problem, for instance darkmotives.

UPDATE!

I am in the middle of sending out the cards but for some reason the forum is moving REALLY SLOWLY! I wonder why. I will try my best to get your cards out to you all today but if I really can't, please bear with me for another day.

I will post again once all cards have been sent.

Dai-kun
07-28-2011, 05:36 PM
I have been using the site all day and there's no unusual long delay times. It seems like members outside the US are having delay issues. I need more members who are experiencing this to let me know they have this problem in order to see if it's something country-wise.

AlexiaLee
07-28-2011, 08:47 PM
*Update*
The long delay time I was having hours ago has gone. I didn't do anything at all, seems like it happens only at certain hours of the day. I'll log in tomorrow at the same time and see if happens again.
Thx Dai~