PDA

View Full Version : Post problems

Agent00711
07-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Having issues editing and customizing my posts.
I'm having a problem with the options for editing/customizing my post. I can't change text colors, sizes, or fonts. None of the drop menus are working for me and I can't use the link buttons, etc. This starting happening when you guys were working on the site changing the layout and putting in the ads, etc. Is this a problem on my end? I'm not sure if I need to update something or what. I'm just wondering if my internet explorer is no longer compatible or if I'm having a problem with the javascript. Any help would be appreciated.

shiroigardenia
07-09-2011, 08:58 AM
After reading some of the other bug reports I updated my adobe flash, but that did not work. Sometimes when I try and use the drop down menus it asks me:

Are you sure you want to leave this page?

Message from webpage:
Changes made in the editor will be lost.

Then I get the options to stay or leave the page, but when I click on them they both do nothing.

shiroigardenia
07-13-2011, 10:30 AM
Anyone have any helpful suggestions? Please!

fataltea
07-13-2011, 07:34 PM
My only suggestion would be to use a different browser and see if your problem goes away. IE is really a pain, and doesn't handle this site all too well. Also, please make sure that you have updated Java client.

Dai-kun
07-14-2011, 12:01 AM
First, try another browser.

Lilliana
07-20-2011, 02:32 PM
It's the same for me. It started with weird looking log-in pages, which show my password openly and now, every time I try to edit or even layout my posts, everything gets literally eaten. There are no paragraphs for me, no different fonds, colours etc. Trying another browser did not work and even swithing off my adblocker (which usually helps) didn't make anything better. Help would be really appriciated! Note: I'm using Firefox, have the latest java/adobe/whatsoever and and and (sorry for not using paragraphs, every time I submit a post, it just gets pushed together like this...)

Lilliana
07-20-2011, 05:59 PM
Dai-kun: Testing using your account..

It's the same for me. It started with weird looking log-in pages, which show my password openly and now, every time I try to edit or even layout my posts, everything gets literally eaten. There are no paragraphs for me, no different fonds, colours etc.

Trying another browser did not work and even swithing off my adblocker (which usually helps) didn't make anything better.

Help would be really appriciated! Note: I'm using Firefox, have the latest java/adobe/whatsoever and and and (sorry for not using paragraphs, every time I submit a post, it just gets pushed together like this...)

Dai-kun
07-20-2011, 06:05 PM
@Lilliana: First thing I did was to test if the problems you're having is account related. Obviously the previous post was posted by me using the settings on your account and it seems like everything is working like it should, normally. I was able to use some of the bbcodes like Bold, underline, font size, and even paragraphs.

What you posted regarding your password being shown openly is alarming. No where on Aarinfantasy should your password be shown as they are encrypted and only stored in the database. How did you come upon the "weird looking log-in pages"? Can you explain the steps that leads to them? Also, take a screenshot because I am not familiar with any pages showing passwords.

Last thing I want you to do is take a screenshot of you using your browser with the editor being used so I can see what exactly you are seeing.

Thanks.

Lilliana
07-23-2011, 07:23 AM
Thanks for replying so quickly, Dai-kun! Unfortunately my internet connection broke down for a few days... I am able to use fonds, colours etc now, but paragraphs still don't seem to work for me (unless I force them by coding in my posts) The weird looking log-in was somehow shifted - but I did not pay any attention to it, because I thought you'd be coding or something. It was only for one day... And I just typed in aarinfantasy.com/forum as always since the side is on my bookmarks. The day before the day of my post, I wasn't able to log in at all, though. I will add a screenshot to this post asap. Thanks a lot for trying to help me! Lilli (see - still no paragraphs though I always used "space" - I did not force them though...)

Lilliana
07-23-2011, 07:35 AM
My first screenshots - okay, I see, they are not connected to answering this thread...

Dai-kun
07-26-2011, 10:28 AM
Ok, I see what your problem is I think. Your NoScript addon is blocking javascripts on aarinfantasy. Please Allow aarinfantasy.com!

I'm not sure what else you have installed, but make sure that aarinfantasy.com is allowed and whitelisted for all scripts.

Lilliana
07-28-2011, 05:22 AM
Hi there!
I already allowed aarinfantasy and yahooapis on Noscript, since I could NOT browse the forum without doing so. I only blocked the adds. And as I mentioned in my first post: When this problem first occured to me, I allowed all scripts on aarin so I could see whether a blocked script was my problem or not...
Thanks for trying to help me anyways!
Lilli

Dai-kun
07-28-2011, 10:10 AM
Try browsing firefox in safe mode.

Go to HELP at the top of the browser (or press ALT + H on your keyboard at the same time) and select RESTART with addons disabled.

If everything else fails, try updating firefox?

Lilliana
07-30-2011, 04:09 PM
It seems that was a tempoary bug for me. I changed nothing and yet it works fine for me again...
Good to know that my PC is a moody one >_<

Thank you so much for your help Dai-kun!!!

utterina
11-21-2011, 12:10 PM
Hi Dai-kun,

I also face the same problem as Liliana. i am unable to put paragraphs in my posts, the font editing toolbar is missing (i can't edit fonts, colors,size etc), and whenever i click the [More] button for smilies, no new window appeared.

i'm currently using Firefox, and constantly updated my browser. i tried the safe mode viewing method, but still no changes. So now if i wanted to make new post, i'll have to borrow my friend's PC, with IE browser, which seems to be ok.

is there any plugins that i missed? Appreciate your kind help.

utterina
11-21-2011, 12:11 PM
Sorry, seems like the paragraphing is ok now. except for the font editing toolbar which is still missing. and the smilies.

Littlespiral
12-04-2011, 01:15 PM
seems the posting problem is solved now :yay: pls ignore my inquiry earlier.

Dai-kun
12-09-2011, 06:15 PM
Ok cool, I am glad everyone's problem are solved. Sorry I was busy updating a very large update so didn't have much time on here.