PDA

View Full Version : I can't update my fic

nekofreakz
06-16-2011, 10:07 AM
Err, I don't know whether anyone suffered the same problem. But when I tried to update my fic, it wouldn't work out. I got 'error' message... :hot: And is it just me or the site is running very slowly? Thanks :)

pinky
06-16-2011, 03:16 PM
I also can not update my fic, should I keep trying or will a general alert go out when this task is able to be accomplished successfully?

Dai-kun
06-16-2011, 09:21 PM
I just went in and updated the fics perfectly fine. Can you guys try again?

What is the exact error it says? If you got a screenshot, that would be great too.

nekofreakz
06-17-2011, 03:54 AM
Erm, I've just tried it again and again today to update my fic (Take Me To Your Arms ch. 12) in Fanfiction 18+ In-Progress section, and still couldn't update it :hot: It looks like this:

Preview got an 'error' and the message editor interface went blank/white (I've uploaded the fic using the same way I've uploaded the previous chapter)
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/48/errorxax.jpg

and if I don't preview it and only save it, it didn't show anything but the header of the fic..
http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/694/70144607.jpg

I also have tried it twice, once at the forum daily server back up and once at the normal time. Umm, is there a change on how to update fiction? Thanks :)

Passhenette1
06-17-2011, 12:23 PM
YES!! I am having the same issue trying to update my story (Loathe thy Neighbor)! I tried several times yesterday and today and it won't post what I put up!?

BurningDesires
06-17-2011, 12:29 PM
Having the same issue. Tried updating one of my fictions. I wouldn't get an error message, but instead, I'd create a new page, and in the new page I'd title it and put in the chapter, however, whenever I published, the page would appear in the navigation bar, but when I clicked the page, there would be no content. In editing, it's blank as well, just like in nekofreakz screen shot.

Passhenette1
06-17-2011, 12:31 PM
Having the same issue. Tried updating one of my fictions. I wouldn't get an error message, but instead, I'd create a new page, and in the new page I'd title it and put in the chapter, however, whenever I published, the page would appear in the navigation bar, but when I clicked the page, there would be no content. In editing, it's blank as well, just like in nekofreakz screen shot.

I've had that same thing happen as well one of the times I tried. T_T

nekofreakz
06-17-2011, 02:34 PM
I've had that same thing happen as well one of the times I tried. T_T

Ditto~ :hot:

Dai-kun
06-17-2011, 09:31 PM
Im sorry guys this is taking a lot longer than I expected. I can't seem to find the exact problem ever since this new editor took over and unfortunately, I can't roll back to the old editor. I'm also contacting another person who can help me with this, but until then, we just have to wait it out :(.

nekofreakz
06-18-2011, 02:02 PM
Oh, okay... Thank you Dai-kun~ :hug: