PDA

View Full Version : Post counter got reset

moondork
05-29-2011, 10:43 AM
Hello. I am not sure if this is a feature or a bug problem. Sorry.

It appears that posts I have made are not being counted towards my total post amounts that are shown with my mini profile when I post. I posted one last night and when it applied I had over 10 posts disappear. :nani: Each post is still in its designated thread but just doesn't count for my total.

It is not a serious issue just one I noticed.

Any assistance would be appreciated. :please:

mocca parfait
05-31-2011, 03:09 PM
I've got the same problem. I hit 300 posts a few days ago, then today I noticed I got set back to 272. My total count isn't going up either anymore.

BTW I think you should rename this bug report to "post counter got reset" or something because now it looks like you're making posts but they're not showing in threads :p

moondork
06-01-2011, 09:06 PM
I've got the same problem. I hit 300 posts a few days ago, then today I noticed I got set back to 272. My total count isn't going up either anymore.

BTW I think you should rename this bug report to "post counter got reset" or something because now it looks like you're making posts but they're not showing in threads :p

I made the title change you suggested. I know it sucks for you but I am glad to see that at least I am not the only one.

Twinstar
06-02-2011, 12:12 AM
The posts that disappeared, are you sure they weren't ones that might have been pruned out when the staff do some thread cleaning? Everytime I have my post count go down, it's because of that. I have lost a lot of my post count because of this. And when you are posting new posts, what area are you posting in that it's not increasing your post count? Are you posting in areas that are suppose to increase it?

simplyme
06-02-2011, 03:32 PM
So it can be because of thread cleaning? Okay then. In my case, the post count went down by a lot. I have been a bit inactive recently and first thing I see after coming here today is that I'm not an Extreme Yaoi Guru anymore :D

Twinstar
06-02-2011, 05:44 PM
You can lose a lot of posts at the same time. One day I had lost a couple hundred posts because of the clean up :maikka:

moondork
06-02-2011, 10:31 PM
I have lost about 100 from clean up. I used to be more active when I first joined so a lot of those old ones went bye bye. However, I was making posts that day that showed up and later no longer counted. It could be that maybe some of the older ones went away though.

Mordor
06-03-2011, 12:48 AM
If most of your posts are over a year old, or more, then it's only natural they get pruned. I checked your posts though, and you might want to read introduction-sections rules. :lol: (You're only allowed to post 5 times/day there)

Artemis Moonsong
06-03-2011, 02:05 AM
Yeah I've lost about 2000 posts I realized :D I think it is because of pruning.

Kadaj_chan
06-03-2011, 03:53 AM
LOL me too XD I lost about 1000 posts too :lol: I agree with Artemis ... I think it is because of pruning XD I suddenly realized my 7600 posts is 6500 or so...

moondork
06-05-2011, 05:08 PM
Thank you everyone. It probably is due to pruning. Thanks for your advice/opinions.