PDA

View Full Version : "Find all Posts" not updating

gollumsfriend
04-27-2011, 11:14 AM
How often is it supposed to?
I've noticed with myself (and a couple others) that when you click "Find All Posts" of someone's profile page, the posts haven't been updated for 3 days.

I *know* I've posted somewhere in the last 3 days.....

So, how often do these update? It's the only way I have to check previous posts I've made and kind of important to me, unless I want to start subscribing to every thread I've posted in......which I don't. :)

Twinstar
04-27-2011, 11:26 AM
I notice this too now. I know I had posted today yet it's only showing up to my posts from yesterday. I also only see gollums' up to 3 days ago. I know I had made a post in an area that increases my post count today so it's not like I'm just not seeing ones that don't increase it.

kinsugi
04-27-2011, 05:57 PM
Yes, I've seen this.

Hypothesis: I've noticed that there seems to be a connection between server load and whether finding posts is working... for example, in a big contest, at one point you could no longer search your posts in that contest; the search, which had previously worked perfectly to list pages of posts including the last post, suddenly limited itself to only older posts. Find all posts seems to act the same way, working intermittently to find ALL posts... or not.

Hypothesis: We're not getting updated info because cached images are being used, either by AF server or by our ISP.

Dai-kun
04-28-2011, 01:40 PM
Is it working properly now?

gollumsfriend
04-28-2011, 05:07 PM
kinsugi's hypothesis was way too techy for gollum to follow. *bows head in shame*

Dai, I can tell you that the last two posts I made are now listed in my "Find all posts" section, but it still seems like there were a couple I made during that 3 day period that never showed up.

The good part is that I know it's updating NOW, and that's what matters most to me. Unless I had an earth-shattering post somewhere that got missed during that time, (DOUBTFUL) I'll live. :) Thanks for all your hard work!

stupidgirlang
04-28-2011, 09:10 PM
I guess it is working now since I can seen all my posts in the last few hours when I click on my "Find All Posts" function.